Frankenstein had Igor, Holmes had Watson, Batman had Alfred, and Gru has Minions. Minions do all the work while the hero or villian get all the credit. This Friday “Despicable Me” is released and it is one of the few films that I’m really looking forward to this summer. If you haven’t seen the Minion’s “Moo” trailer for “Despicable Me” it’s a must. In honor of Gru’s minions here are some other movie minions that are a must.
1. Gus, Jaques, and other helpful creatures from Cinderella (1950) – The next time you’re invited to a fancy party and don’t have a thing to wear. Why buy a new dress when you can just show a pattern book to some mice and birds and let them do the work for you. They measure, they cut, they sew, all while singing a catchy tune. These rodents are some very useful minions.
2. Thing from The Addams Family (1991) and The Addams Family Values (1993) – Let’s look back at the Addams’. Who really ran that household? Gomez? Morticia? Grandma? I don’t think so. Thing was everyone’s right hand…hand. He cooked, cleaned, and saved lives. That is why he is one the top 3 movie minions.
3. Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) – These little dudes may be the greatest movie minions of all. Not only do the keep the factory running for ole’ Willy but they know how to make yummy, chocolately, deliciousness as well. Plus they sing and dance. It’s kinda excellent.
- Santa’s Elves from almost any Christmas movie
- RM Renfield from Dracula: Dead and Loving It
- Storm Troopers from Star Wars