I’ve been reading lots and LOTS of top 10 lists lately. Everyone has an opinion about the best and worst films of the year. So I thought I’d weigh in on the matter. These aren’t the best, but they’re my favorite. The ones I’ll watch over and over again.
My Favorite films of 2010:
Honorable Mention- Repo Men– Again, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this film. I usually don’t go for lots of blood and guts but seeing a man get a typewriter to the head is just awesome. Read the full review here.
10. Piranha 3D– When I first saw the trailer I rolled my eyes and just thought, “Really?!?” But, I was pleasantly surprised. Was it a good film? No, it was horrible. But it was a good time. Read the full review here.
8. The A-Team– A lot of people were disappointed by this film but I loved it. It’s cast perfectly and has some really funny one-liners. It’s a remake of a show that originally starred Mr. T … what were you expecting?
4. Social Network– I expected this to be a good movie but it turned out the be a great one. The script was great, the cast was wonderful, plus it had Justin Timberlake which makes the 12-year-old in me squeel. Read the full review here.
2. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World– The fact that this movie did so poorly in theaters is a travesty. It was original, funny, and had a lot of heart. Scott Pilgrim can save my world any day. Read a full review here.
and [drum roll please]…
- The Top 10 “Guilty Pleasure” Movies of 2010 (moviefone.com)
- Lessons that 2010 taught the entertainment industry [Year In Review] (io9.com)
- The Year In Funny (filmexperience.blogspot.com)